ALBUMAX NUTRITIONAL SUPPL 250G
Albumax is formulated for people who need a high quality protein supplement and who must limit their intake of other nutrients, vitamins and fluids. Albumax may be used as a protein supplement for oral or tube-fed consumption and is not intended to be used as a meal replacement.
Dialysis patients need an easy way to increase high quality protein in their diet.
Currently available nutritional supplements for dialysis patients contain a variety of ingredients some of which may not be suitable for individual dialysis patients. In addition many are formulated as a liquid which increases the fluid intake of the dialysis patient.
Albumax supplies only high quality protein along with two essential amino acids in a powder form that may be mixed with or sprinkled on other foods.
This avoids raising the fluid intake of the patient with use of the supplement and adding something to the patient’s diet that may be inappropriate for that patient.
Preliminary results show that Albumax is very effective in raising blood albumin levels in the dialysis patient.
Dieticians consulted about Albumax are enthusiastic about the product.
Current nutritional supplements either are not designed specifically with the dialysis patient in mind or do not contain the amount of high quality whey protein isolate per dose that is in Albumax.
- Contains High Quality Whey Protein Isolate – a purer protein with no fat, carbohydrates, ash and moisture
- Powder Form – no additional fluid intake for the patient.
- Mixes With A Variety Of Foods – patient can adhere to prescribed diet.
- Neutral Taste And Texture – will not alter taste of foods and beverages.
- Low Sodium, Phosphorus, And Potassium – no impact on prescribed diet.
- Contains Calcium Caseinate – a source of calcium and a protein that is digested over a prolonged period of time.
- Easy To Prescribe – each jar comes with a measuring scoop.